A list of things I've done this summer in NY that I really liked:
1. Riding bikes with Ray Ray over the Williamsburg Bridge and eating dumplings in the East Village.
2. Catching the last bit of the Afro-punk Festival and seeing Whatever Works at BAM.
3. Watching movies with Kaylee, Chanice, and Maritsa in our living room on rainy days.
4. Experiencing the Mermaid Parade at Coney Island.
5. Cooking challenging meals more often.
6. Throwing a Fourth of July potluck party.
7. Listening to the Brooklyn Philharmonic play with fireworks in the background at the South Street Seaport.
8. Taking a train from Grand Central to visit Maryellen in Brewster on her birthday.
9. Dumpster diving for furniture.
10. Learning how to jive to rockabilly music at Otto's Shrunken Head in the East Village.
11. Getting ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory with Nathan.
12. Seeing Loudon Wainright III perform in Madison Square Park.
13. Walking down Dekalb and seeing everyone in their summer clothes eating outside at the cafes.
14. Working on-campus in the President's office with Josie, Jeff, Todd, Scott, Kat, and Dr. Schutte.
15. Exploring the Brooklyn Botanical Garden while the roses are at their peak.
16. Not doing much of anything at all.
I found out about a lot of this stuff from Time Out New York magazine, and I will be carefully perusing every future issue for more exciting events.
Some pictures:

Me and Chanice walking around the outskirts of Times Square.

Kaylee, Me, Alex, and Chanice at the Mermaid Parade.

Some of the food and decorations at our potluck party.

I made the Dr. Pepper ribs that I mentioned in my last post. They were a hit.

Me and Kaylee waiting for the train in Katonah that would take us back to Grand Central.

Rosemary's Texas Taco in Brewster.
A baby bunny that one of Maryellen's friends brought to her house. My camera died. Sad. I think I will rent one soon though and hopefully have some more pictures to document all the fun I'm having. I can't wait for the rest of July when a bunch of people from home come to visit so that we can, you know, paint the town red and whatnot.

listmaking virgos unite!
ReplyDelete