So I downloaded this old computer game my sister and I used to play called The Incredible Machine, and all I can say is, "I've made a huge mistake" a la Gob from Arrested Development. Notice the lack of recent posts. I will limit myself from now on. I will. But, sigh, it is so addicting. It works like this: in each level you are given a goal that usually entails getting an object from one end of the screen to the other. You have certain tools, such as conveyor belts, rubber bands, generators, and even cats, at your disposal. I love it because the creators seem to have chosen which laws of physics they prefer to follow and thrown the rest out the window. For example, bullets burst balloons but simply nudge tennis balls into their designated baskets. It's great. But enough about that.
A few weeks ago I went to
So we took New Jersey Transit to
Me: What do you call a duck with fangs?
Megan: What?
Me: Count Duckula!
We stayed at the Crown Plaza Hotel downtown and walked to an Italian restaurant called Salento on 22nd and Walnut to meet up with her Aunt Kay and her friends for Valentine’s dinner. We charmed them. Then it was off to see Rufus. His sister Martha opened. Her voice isn’t my cup of tea, a bit too airy and little-girlish, but love was in the air so I didn’t mind.
Rufus was great. His voice was spot-on. He played in a legit theater, and although I usually despise seats at concerts, it worked for his music and made me feel classy. He played many of my favorites: The Art Teacher, Little Sister, April Fool’s, Greek Song. He and Martha closed with a cover of Hallelujah. I would have liked to have heard Gay Messiah and Peach Tree, but I just can’t have everything can I?
Alright, I desperately need to start some homework. Tonight, painting. Tomorrow, editing and possibly making crepes?
Peace out,
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment