This one from first semester was painted with acrylics on this flower-painted wood panel we found in the trash. Since Kaylee and I look so much alike, we were curious as to what would happen if we painted each other into one face. Kaylee painted me on the left and I painted her on the right.
We were also curious about how self-projection would affect the portrait.http://www.ehow.com/video_4538378_expressionist-portrait-painting-selfprojection.html
In the end I think it became pretty obvious that we had painted something of our own features into each other's face, and for that reason the sides mesh together well enough to believably be two sides of the same face.

This one from the second semester had no real concept. We just messed with color a bit. We used watercolor pastels and charcoal, and we painted both ourselves and each other. And Kaylee ended up drawing me as a bird, which served as inspiration for a later ceramics project that I will show you soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment